Saturday, August 15, 2009

The LC Reads Fan Mail! / Hipster Pick of the Day

Readers, we think of our purpose here as primarily to inform more than offend, but occasionally a satirical blog is bound to ruffle a few feathers. This anonymous comment popped up quickly in response to yesterday's post, and we share it with you now in full:

Anonymous said...
Wwhether this means to be funny or not, I think you should know that some women who stumble on it do not like to be labeled as sorostitutes or sweet ass by a 40 year old pervert.


Richard: "I have two responses. (1) I'm a 35 year old pervert, thank you very much. And (2)this is a satirical blog that can't be easily 'stumbled on' through search engines and which is intended for friends who understand that its 'voice' is largely a manufactured persona."

Chip: You seem to have scorned the wrong sorostitute this time, my friend.

The comment led us to wonder, however, if we haven't gone too far in offending some of the various "types" around town, from hipsters to artists to kickballers to local fashion bloggers. Checking back through some of our previous talkbacks, we discovered these posts:

Zaguar, local artist: "I spent an entire afternoon with magazines cutting and pasting the heads of Reagans on the bodies of Mike Tysons for my recent collage show and then Chip comes along and calls it 'not art.' Of course it hurts!"

Local kickball star: "Richard often suggests that kickball is not a real sport. Well, toss me another sixer of PBR to the pitcher's mound and let me don my Pooh suit and I'll show him what's what!"

Replay hipster: "Anybody who's spent as much time here as Richard and still has the nerve to critique hipster culture is much more of a hypocrite than a hipster. I mean, for the love of Hamm's, he knows the name of the bartenders!"

Katy Seib.l, fashionista: "Just because I post cute pictures of myself on a public blog and analyze how cute I look does NOT give the boys a right to go around saying that I'm pretty. Now check out this 'delightfully feminine, totally retro and office-appropriate' look.




















---

Loyal LC reader King Tosser will offer a reading from his book Rebels Wit Attitude: Subversive Rock Humorists this evening at the Raven and the boys plan to be there to Chronicle the event (and get sloshed on free wine). Congrats to the Tosser!

Richard: "Yes, congratulations, although I'm more than a little pissed that the guy still hasn't scored his friend a book contract to transform this controversial blog into a bestseller."

No comments: