Saturday, February 6, 2010

Souper Bowl Saturday / Weekend Video Pick: KU's Women's Soccer Team Parodies Jersey Shore

Today brings an event that recently made the LJ-World's "Bucket List" of things that one MUST do while living in Larryville. Yes, it's "Souper Bowl Saturday" at the Arts Centers, a day in which local progressives pay up to 50 dollars for locally handmade ceramic bowls that are then filled with soup.

Chip: "That soup better be delicious, because those bowls are NOT art."

---

Athletics at KU is more than just hard work and occasional campus brawls. KU's women's soccer team recently took time to make a video parody of MTV's Jersey Shore (called "Jersey Cribs") that has already received more than 48,000 views on YouTube. Do the boys love it?

Chip: "My extreme dislike of soccer threatened to stifle my boner here, but my boner eventually won out."

Richard: "The video is almost more obnoxious than the program itself, but I do wish there were more 'guidettes' in this town, because they seem like absolute tramps."

Please take 6 minutes and 38 seconds out of your day to check it out:

http://www.kansan.com/news/2010/feb/04/shores-jersey-hills-lawrence/

2 comments:

Capt. Chanute said...

Help! I have been taken hostage by the pseudo-melodic, melodrama that is Williamsburg electronica-esque pop endeavors. The album in question is called "Odd Blood," by Yeasayer and is the second effort from this "Brooklyn" trio (sometimes quartet), who toured with- and now exist on the coattails of- the likes of MGMT (they're actually from Baltimore, this is almost acceptable behavior on my part). To boot, Entertainment Weekly reviewed this effort as a gentle mixture of some personal faves: The Cure, Duran Duran (this actually sold me) and some other shit. In the songs, "Ambling Alp" and "Madder Red," we can hear these influences shining through, for sure. It is a mildly delectable musical treat to be enjoyed while sipping PBR, actively pursuing hipster pussy or just sitting at home imaging doing the aforementioned. In sum, I am embarrassed that I gave in to the hipster elitism of current music; although, all the things I profess to hate about it actually intrigue me, like pussy and PBR. Even lamer, this moment of self-reflection is being written with the album playing in the background. Fucking sell-out. Whatever, maybe I'll be a better foreign correspondent from here out.

naysayer! said...

You know, I actually started to write about Yeasayer recently (since they are apparently the new hipster band of choice). But I have yet to actually hear them myself. I don't think Larryville hipsters have caught on to them yet, but I'll start spreading the word that Capt. Chanute it "totally into them."

Future album title (or band name?): Hipster Pussy.