Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Week in Foodie News

Robert Krause's The Burger Stand will officially open in its new location at the Casbah (right next to Krause's Esquina) on July 1 . The area is already being referred to by some as "Krause Corner." Local foodies are desperately hoping there is no lag time whatsoever in between the time the Stand closes at Dempsey's and opens at the Casbah (Chip: "Because I needs my truffle fries.").

Soon, however, you'll be able to whip up your own wacky Krause concoctions in your own home. In October, the chef and his wife are releasing a cookbook: The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors: 101 Surprising Flavor Combinations and Extraordinary Recipes That Excite Your Palate and Pleasure Your Senses.

Richard: "Finally, I won't waste my time adding fried plantains to dishes that do not benefit from fried plantains."

Chip: "I'm trying to figure out the equation on the book's cover. Is that 'tea' + 'lobster' + 'ketchup?' I thought it was frowned upon to slather a lobster with ketchup, but I often do it anyway."

Richard: "The use of 'pleasure your senses' over 'please your senses' in that title seems to add a very sexual element, and eating Krause's odd dishes is well-known to cause spontaneous orgasms."

Pre-order the book at Amazon and click the pic below to enlarge and solve the equation for Chip!

1 comment:

cream + crawfish + chili powder? said...

I have no idea if those would go together, but it sounds better than Chip's lobster and ketchup.